Appalachian State University, Leon Levine Hall
1179 State Farm Road, Boone, NC 28608
(Parking available at Leon Levine Hall)
Find our NCASM '22 Schedule Here:
To register, please click Registration Link. Pre-registration for NCASM '22 is now closed. If you did not pre-register we cannot guarantee that you will be provided lunch.
Advanced Registration for the meeting is $10 for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, $25 for all other participants.
Registration is now free for Undergraduate Students!
Pre-Registration closes on October 28th, 2022
You may register for online only - this will include access to the talks only on Zoom and is free, please write "virtual" in the paypal line on the registration form
Registration includes the following:
1. Meeting Registration
2. Membership to the NC Branch of the American Society for Microbiology
You will need to pay for your registration (via PayPal) before you are able to submit this registration form. After registering for the meeting through PayPal, you will be directed to a receipt page that includes a Receipt Number or Transaction ID. You will need to include this number in the form below to complete your registration.
*If you are paying for multiple registrations on a single PayPal transaction, please make sure that all registrants fill out a separate Registration Google Form, and include the Transaction ID associated with that bulk purchase.
Once you have registered, submit your Abstract!
If you will be presenting an abstract (poster/talk), you will need to complete an additional, separate, abstract submission form. Abstract Submission is now closed.
Abstract submissions are due October 14, 2022. If you would like to be considered for a travel award, please submit your abstract by October 7, 2022.
Information for presenters :
- We will try an accommodate your preference on presentation format (Talk/Poster).
- We will notify you by October 20, 2022 if we are unable to accommodate an oral presentation.
- Abstracts need to be submitted as PDF documents and are limited to one total page.
- Abstracts that exceed one page will not be accepted.
- In order to submit an abstract you need to have completed, and paid for, the meeting registration. You will be asked at the bottom of this form to include your PayPal payment confirmation to complete your abstract submission
- All authors (including co-authors) and author institution affiliations
- No Images should be presented in the abstract
- The abstract should contain a hypothesis, objective or statement about the problem under investigation.
- The abstract should contain a brief statement of the experimental methods/methodology used.
- Essential results must be present in summary form (even if preliminary).
- The abstract should contain a conclusion that explains how the work contributes to the hypothesis, objective or statement of problem.
Agar Art Contest :
NC ASM is hosting an Agar Art Competition for the 2022 Branch Meeting!
Submission Link Agar Art Submission is now closed.
If you would like to make a submission, please upload a photo of your Agar Art using this form by Friday October 14, 2022. You must be registered for the meeting for your submission to be accepted.
Below are some guidelines as outlined by the National ASM:
1. You may use any organism(s), with any type(s) of agar, on any size or shape petri dish.
2. Art needs to have been created safely in the appropriate Bio Safety Level environment for the organism(s) used.
3. Photos need to be digitally untouched, or minimally edited, to improve clarity of the photo. (No False-coloring)
4. Photos should be accompanied by a description that captures the attention of a general public audience
5. Photos need to be high resolution JPEG (minimum 300 dpi)
6. Photos need to be uploaded by October 14, 2022
Prizes will be awarded to the Top Submissions
Individuals may submit more than one entry.
The Executive Board meeting will be held during lunch, and will the election of new officers. If you would like to nominate someone or volunteer to run for office, please feel free to do so by sending an email to elections@northcarolinaasm.
Presentation Awards :
- Mary Poston Award for best student (undergraduate, graduate, or postdoc) presentation
- Thoyd Melton Award for best oral presentation by a graduate student
- Best Poster Award for, you guessed it, best poster
- Paul Phibbs Award for best undergraduate presentation
2022 Meeting Contacts:
Cara Fiore, Ph.D., Appalachian State University - Email, Twitter, Office: 828-262-7548