Saturday, 24 October 2020
NC ASM Goes Virtual!
Virtual Meeting hosted by the University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP)
UPDATE! Registration is now free for Undergraduate Students!
Undergraduate Students: If you have already paid for the registration, then your fee will be refunded after the event.
To register, please click here.
Advanced Registration for the meeting is $10.
Pre-Registration closes on October 16, 2020 at 05:00 pm EDT.
Information for presenters :
Submit an abstract here.
Abstracts are due by October 11, 2020. We will try an accommodate your preference on presentation format (Talk/Poster). We will notify you by October 13, 2020 if we are unable to accommodate an oral presentation.Abstracts need to be submitted as PDF documents and are limited to one total page. Abstracts that exceed one page will not be accepted.In order to submit an abstract you need to have completed, and paid for, the meeting registration (https://forms.gle/WgPb9DVVb5xRyeyc9). You will be asked at the bottom of this form to include your PayPal payment confirmation to complete your abstract submission.All abstracts must abide by the following guidelines in order to be accepted:
- All authors (including co-authors) and author institution affiliations
- No Images should be presented in the abstract
- The abstract should contain a hypothesis, objective or statement about the problem under investigation.
- The abstract should contain a brief statement of the experimental methods/methodology used.
- Essential results must be present in summary form (even if preliminary).
- The abstract should contain a conclusion that explains how the work contributes to the hypothesis, objective or statement of problem.
All abstracts will be published online on the NC-ASM web-site.
The Executive Board meeting will be held during lunch, and will the election of new officers. If you would like to nominate someone or volunteer to run for office, please feel free to do so by sending an email to elections@northcarolinaasm.
Presentation Awards :
- Mary Poston Award for best student (undergraduate, graduate, or postdoc) presentation
- Thoyd Melton Award for best oral presentation by a graduate student
- Best Poster Award for, you guessed it, best poster
- Paul Phibbs Award for best undergraduate presentation
2020 Meeting Contact: